Who Am I?
hihi, I’m Paige.
I started this blog to document my experience in culinary school in New York City. But, unfortunately, I’ve only got a handful of posts to account for my time there. After graduating, Project 365 turned Moxie & Marmalade into a photographic diary of sorts. After successfully completing 365, I attempted a couple other photography projects, at which I failed miserably. Current (sporadic) content includes my ramblings along with occasional photos.
And, because I love lists, some facts about me:
- I currently live in Charleston, SC and have two cats.
- I’m addicted to all things social media.
- I fell in love with Charleston, SC when I visited in April 2010 (and hey look, I live here now! Isn’t life funny like that).
- I’m 5’11” and as a result, I mostly wear flats.
- Sometimes my iPhone takes better photographs than my fancy DSLR.
- I’m messy. I have a tendency to spill things on myself and whatever else gets in my way.
- Though I was trained in health-supportive cooking, I most often bake with butter, sugar, and white flour. But I can make a mean vegan casserole.
- I’ve lived in eight states: Indiana, Ohio, Texas, Maine, Tennessee, New York, DC, and South Carolina (of course we use the term “state” loosely when referring to DC).
- After going to college in Maine for 2 years (and then abandoning it for school in Nashville), I had categorically written off the Northeast. Until I found Burlington, VT.
- I love all foods, except foie gras (it’s a texture thing), parsley (ick), and white pepper (tastes like dust).